Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Nov 2006
My husband lost our home and did not work for 3 months. i left just before we were evicted. He then booked himself into a rehab centre and detox. Since then he has come out and started doing really well for himself. I was even considering going back to him but then yesterday he comes home saying that he has quiet his job again. We had a huge fight and i sent him away. I am devasted i thought that without the alcohol he would get it together but he still is walking in and out of jobs and not putting us first. i would love to just walk out my job as i am desperately unhappy but i have responsiblities and a daughter to think of and i am also pregnant. It makes me so cross. when he asked me yesterday do i think he is drinking i said yes cos his actions are just as before and we dont live together so i dont know. Am i so wronge?
Why on earth, if things genuinely were going well for him, and if he wanted a reconciliation, would he quit his job at a time when he really needed one ? As you say, it's an ominous sign of a guy not taking his responsibilities seriously. Was getting pregnant at this stage truly unavoidable, or a good idea ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- 'You can never take a break': Workers speak on SA's grim Covid-19 anniversary
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19411 votes