Ask an expert

06 Dec 2005

Went home last night and was very happy and planned something specail for my wife. Everything was fine until she told me that there are rumours that she is having an affair at work...I just lost my cool and started blaming her for the rumours, I just dont understand why she went to another man ? there are so many of our friends she could have spoken to.
She than also became upset and said that she does not care anymore and that she wants a divorce and that I will never change and than ignored me.
All that I want is that she is honest and can show me that she wants to make things right, but when she uses this reverse phycology on me it makes me believe that she really did have a affair and she was not just being friends with this guy.
I than left and went to see a friend(male friend) who spoke to me and sort made things better, got back at home about 3 hrs later and just went to bed.
Woke up this morning and we started arguing again and she said that she still want a divorce and wants to leave me...I than said that she always wanted to leave me and that this sms things has been going on for a long while...
She than got more angry and said that I am crazy and I that I think she is a slut and that I think she slept with this guy, I than said what should i think if you dont try and show me that you sorry for what you did ? she than fumed at me and said ' yes if thats what you want to hear,yes i did sleep with him'
Is this just her anger at me or could she in the moment have just spoken the truth?
I made an appointment with a marraige counselor yesterday and this morning she says that she does not want to go as there is now use in trying to save this marraige...
I really feel that this is the end of the road for us and I feel like a empty tin inside...feel like driving my car straight into a truck or down a hill, but what would that achieve now ? the damage is done, the trust is gone but the love is still there.
Answer 206 views

01 Jan 0001

Don't do anything at all to harm yourself --- arange for you both to see a counselloor and see what can be worked out
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.