Ask an expert

22 Jul 2005

Upset at 17
My father was jailed a couple of years ago (2002) for something he didn't do. The authourities found out of his innocence only two years later and all charges were dropped and he released. My father was always the major breadwinner and during his imprisonment my familyy suffered terribly financially as well as emotionally. How do I get rid of this anger and disappointment? How can I forgive the people who ruined his successful and respectable reputation with thier story telling and lies? How do I hold my head up high when people whisper behind my back? how doI forgive the man who falsly imprisoned him? He took my daddy away when I needed him so much!!
Answer 301 views

01 Jan 0001

Your father and family should see a good local lawyer and sue for wrongful imprisonment and for damages --- including a demand that there be maximum publicity given to his innocense, as well as financial compensation for what the family suffered. Such occurrences are tragic ; they may come abou by a sad mistake, or by deliberate malice and lies by some specific people. If the latter, ask that they be charged with perjury or whatever happened, too. Publicity for his exoneration should stop the whispers, and the law ought to take care of anyone who gave false evidence leading to te imprisonment of an honest man.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.