Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
27 Jul 2006
What if your partner will not go to couples therapy?
If you are female, and you have vaginismus, a good gynae with psych experience or with a psych colleague, can help you a gtreat deal, and then your partner might become more interested in assisting in the progress. If you are male, and it's your partner who has vaginismus, it's more difficult, as obviously her participation in treatment is crucial. A good shrink might be able to suggest a number of ways in which you could help her to start to feel more comfortable with the idea of getting help, and to begin improvement, but the main aim would need to be to encourage her not to feel ashamed or shy about a relatively common problem which is completely curable, and to seek the help she needs and deserves
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- Solly Moeng | Profit above all: Why SA's whistleblowers are being ostracised
- WATCH | Police continue work to piece together Anele Tembe's final moments
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes