Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Aug 2008
Venlor and headaches
I have been on Effexor and now Venlor for a total of 3 years. At least the last twelve months on the Venlor. I have had recent onset headaches almost constantly for 9 weeks. The depression is not good at this stage, but i think it is mainly because of the constant headache. I avoid at all costs using anything for the headache because it does not really help, and i am afraid of rebound. I know that I have cervical spine arthritis and TMJ arthritis. However, knowing that headaches are a possible side effect of Venlor, do you think this could be exaserbating the situation?
Hard to tell to what extent the headaches make the depression worse, or vice versa, or both. The prescribing doc needs to assess this headache, checking all potential causes. Yes, Venlor can cause headaches --- it can also cause a raised Blood Presssure which could also be related to headaches. And the arthritis in the neck area could be relevant. If you're sayin g these are severe headaches and not responding to ordinary pain-killers, that alone is enough reason to be consulting the doc for a more thorough checkup
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes