Ask an expert

25 Feb 2004

want him to leave
we have been together for ten years, last year he paid lobola and resigned from his job. i rented a flat and he came to live with me but i pay for all the expenses because he does not have money.

now i am pregnant and i dont know if i love him anymore. we were hoping to get married but i am not interested anymore. i want to ask him to leave, but how do i tell him? also we cannot keep on living together when we are not married, because it is not in line with my religion - its called fornication.

he is a good person but i have no option, its either we marry or we seperate. i want him to go - do u think i am being selfish? please help
Answer 354 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear beedee,
Why on earth was he so foolish as to resign his job ? And you can surely tell him that you hav strong religious views and do not accept fornicaton. You are not being selfish, but wise. Unemployment is a sad problem for those who can't help it, but the sitaton is rather different with a man who chose to be unemployed, and then expected his woman to support him. That's not acceptable either in the modern way of thinking or the traditional. Don't you need to discuss all of this with him in some detail ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20294 votes