Ask an expert

22 Nov 2005

Want to help my Husband
My husband have been working long hours and we drifted apart these last few years. He wanted to leave me because he is feeling guilty for working these hours and I have to sit at home al the time. He also feels that we have become to used to each other over the past 20 years. We are seeing a counsler at the moment, but I need to know what I can do to try and releave some of the stress he is under. He is willing to work at it, but it is taking time. In the mean time both of us are very unhappy! Should I just keep my distance and wait until he has decided what he wants to do?
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

Excellent answers from fin/ex and jakes. Obviously your question relates to important matters that you need to work on together in the counselling. Apart from the point the others raise about the importance of recognizing and dealing with your own needs, as regards the quwestion of how to help him deal with the stress he is under, surely that depends so very much on what hekp he needs and wants, the causwes of the stress, to what extent they are modifiable, and so on. Ask him, and explore what you can do for each other.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19959 votes