Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Jul 2008
Wanting a baby
I' m a 30 year old woman. In february this year I spoke to my boyfriend about having a baby, I even made it clear that if he doesn' t want to have a baby out of wedlock then he should just let me know and i will understand, but he told me we are in stable relationship and he would like to have a baby with me. we were supposed to go for an HIV test to date. when i brought up the subject up he told me that we should wait until he sort the child issues with his ex(she is refusing him access to the child). I mean they have been having these problem for years before i even came into the picture. The baby was born in 2000 and they broke up in 2003. we are now in 2008, i feel like if i wait for him to sort out their issues i will wait forever. Ii tried getting the idea of having a child out of my mind but it keeps on comming back. what should I do.
His ex is now allowed, as I understand the law, to refuse him access to the child, so he could go tyo court and have this matter settled, and shouldn't use it as an excuse to keep you waiting for years. At this rate the child will be graduating from university and you might still be waiting. Its not wise to move to have a baby if the relationship is not healthy and strong and likely to last without such distractions
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- ANALYSIS | As Zimbabwe observes its independence anniversary, is there much to celebrate?
- Ofentse Mokwena | Time to revisit the levy that is fuelling motorists' ire
- Jabulani Sikhakhane | Political greed is the biggest fire to put out
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20008 votes