Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Jul 2005
What is wrong with me?
My marriage has recently reached a stage where my hb and me had to decide whether we are getting a divorce or seeing a clinical phycologist. The build up to this decision was coming for years but about the last 6 months it became worse (other woman and internet chat lines 24/7 from his side was involved) We have seen the clinical phycologist and established that there is hope but it is going to be a long journey. I should be extatic but to the contrary I am incredibly depressed the last few days. Dont understand me wrong I got wat I wanted - to safe this marriage. Please help, I do not understand myself.
Well, seeing a psychologist is generally cheaper, and may lead to greater happiness. You have begun a long journey, and your emotional reactions at its different stages will be variable. keep travelling. And the counsellor's task is to help you both understand yourselves and each other.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes