Ask an expert

09 Dec 2005

What is wrong with me
Good morning Poeple

First of all I have learned so much from this forum and it helped me a great deal. When I read some of these postings my problem seem to be so small. I have been here for a few weeks and I have never had the guts to talk about my problem. Well here I ago. My husband died 3 years ago of cancer. Since he was diagnosed he was very sick for 10 months. I was dealing with so much in my laws out of hell...he's sosializing till the early mornings of the hours....that I think I lost myself in the prosess. I was the stable one the one that try to keep a balance. After he died I suffered from severe depression but I overcame it and work very hard to stay out of my hole..but there is always a but...Now I have become a insecure person with a lot of baggage and I don't know to deal with it because I was never like that. I met this wonderful person 8 months ago and we have really a great relationship. I am so jealous (sorry for spelling) and that is not me to be like that. He has never gave me reason to be jealous of him before. I mean I am even jealous if he speaks to his ex inlaws. I try to hide it but it is so hard for me. My whole life I was such a stable and secure person and now it feels like I have become so pathetic. He has got so much patience with me but for how long. I must pull myself together but my emotions is playing yo yo with me.....Thanks for listening
Answer 333 views

01 Jan 0001

Hello ZeeZee, It's good to hear more from you ( and your spelling is excellent ! )
Surely you richly deserve some counselling, to unpack and sort out this modest pile of emotional baggage you are now carrying round with you ? Sometimes, after a bad relationship, especially an abusive one, when you find yourself in a happy and good relationship, at some level you feel undeserving of such luck, and expect something to go wrong --- and that may spark off this inappropriate jealousy. If it's good, relax, you DO deserve it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19974 votes