Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Jul 2005
what should i do or say?
My husband has 6 year old daughter from a previous relationship. She hasn't seen her father (my husband) in 14months time). we (me and her father (my husband) had a baby 13 months ago. his kid doesn't know anything about her since her mother doesn't want her seeing her father. the mother also doesn't know that we have a child. we are going the legal route for access. we want to get advice on how to handle the introduction between the two kids if and when they meet
I agree with Paul, here, kids are usually much more adaptable than you expec them to be, especially if you treat things naturally, without making it obvious that you anticipate a problem
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'If I get time, I will': Zandile Gumede open to visiting Zuma
- Melanie Verwoerd | Day 3 of Level 1: Feeling good, feeling positive, mense!
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes