Ask an expert

08 Jul 2005

what to do
M's school has said "he is emmotionally immature and would benefit from professional help such as discussed previously" - they want me to take him to a psychologist in town. I never took him to the one that the OT suggested as I heard from a few people that he has mood swings and thought - if he can't control himself how is he going to do teach some one else to?

It's odd, he has even come up to me while he is on holiday, and it is like he gets this smirk on his face and wants to hurt, he tries to pinch me or something, he shows remorse for it and I've been taking his face in myhands and saying "why do you want to hurt mommy?" and since doing that repeatedly he has stopped - hope it will at the school as well.

The after care place is much nicer in terms of love and stuff - they can SEE that he just feels stuff so much more than other children. I don't want to raise a moffie but I'm glad that he is sensitive and he always tries to make some one feel better.

the paed has said no to take him to the headshrinker just yet and I trust him but then at the same time, although Risperdal has helped him 100 fold I don't want to leave it up to that to solve the problem
Answer 334 views

01 Jan 0001

Well, JE, there myust be plenty of good child psychologists in town ? Sounds like your own direct approach is working. See how the Risperdal goes for a while, though I don't se why there could be any problem wih adding a psychologist to the Risperdal at this stage
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.