Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jul 2005
when love is not enough
hi.my b/f and I have been going out for 5 years now. I love him so much but there are things about him that I just cant stand and vise versa. Its sad but its like love is not enough sometimes...We are both starting to see a counsellor now but Im just scared if he tells us that we are just better off without each other. I dont know wot to do, its stressing me out. We tried talking about what bothers us about each other but we always end up arguing cause we just cant seem to see it from the other person view. People always say that love will conquer everything but it doesnt seem to working here...
Sounds wise for you both to be seeing a counsellor, and this is presumably the issue you are discussing with that counsellor. It's not a counsellor's job to tell you that you are better off with or without each other, but to help you both to ubsnerstand yourselves and each other, and the relationship, so that you both are better able to make decisions like that. Persevere with the counselling
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20022 votes