Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Mar 2007
Where Can I Get Help
I have been dating a wonderful guy for two and a half years and keep on pushing the subject of marriage. He has told me on numerous occasions that he is not ready and that he will only be ready in about three to five years time. I then tell him I want out ,cause a massive fight, (which causes one of us to pack our bags) and come crawling back to him the next day. This happens every three to six months and I'm really scared that I will drive him away for good. Is there anywhere I can get help, therapy anything.
See a personal counsellor, and start by recognizing why your recurrent pattern of responses is self-defeating. You want tio marry him ; he doesn't want to marry you or anyone else for the forseeable future. You are free to leave at any time, but then you go "crawling back" to him. You are unrealistically expecting him to change his mind and propose ; he is unrealistically expecting you to stop nagging about marriage and continue to give him all the benefits of marriage with none of the inconveniences.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- App allows users to report adverse effects from medicines, including Covid-19 vaccines
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Cape Town inferno: Maintenance of fire site a centuries-old debate
- PP apologises to judge she attacked over Gordhan interdict, as she defends 'Rogue Unit' report
- Road Accident Fund wants 102 law firms probed for not returning R340m sent 'by mistake'
- The 'decisive decade': World leaders mull over Earth's last hope to beat climate crisis
- Being called a Gupta minister ‘doomed me to hell’, Lynne Brown tells state capture commission
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9441 votes
68% - 20046 votes