Ask an expert

01 Aug 2007

where to find a shrink

Where can a find a doc in the bellville/durbanville area pls. I've been very depressed lately and need to see someone as I'm a single mom with 3 kids and can't afford depression.I'm not on medical sid so preferably not one that's too expensive.

Answer 262 views

01 Jan 0001

Obviously it's impossible for me to know who practices where. Two sources come to mind. One would be the public section of the SASOP website, www, the SA Society of Psychiatrists, which has a listing of shrinks you can search by area; and the other is the website of the anxiety/depression support group website ( their phone number is provided on this page ). A GP should be able to help with basic depression medication, especially if you remind them of your finances, as extremely effective generic drigs are available which cost much less than the newest versions.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19302 votes