Ask an expert

11 Feb 2004

Where to from here?
OK i have left the bastard, went to court for protection order, but it will only be ready Thursday. He calls me at work and threatens and calls me names. I put the phone down, he does it again. how am I going to get my stuff? He threatens to burn down my car, which is not running at the moment because, I suspect he sabotaged it! The two older girls are still with him, because the second eldest does not want to leave her father, the eldest is staying to keep an eye. I've got the two little boys. What now? I know he can come to my workplace and cause trouble, he can wait for me to catch a bus etc. I will not go back this time around. I also do not want to put my mother in a position where she has to worry all the time - she has heart problems.
Answer 342 views

01 Jan 0001

Call the Police, tell them about the pending COurt Order ( God knows why any court should take so darn long about something that ought to be rapid as it's supposed to deal with emergencies ) and tell tem about the threats he is still making, and ask for them to be alert to whatever he might try. If he turns up at work, call the police and the buiilding security to have him removed. When you do go to fetch your things, once the order is in effect, ask the police to acompany you because you have good reason to expect danger. And contact POWA.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.