Ask an expert

06 Feb 2004

My boyfriend's contract is ending soon and he is planning to immigrate to another country than to go back to Europe. What bothers me is that he is making all this plans without consulting with me. Now am wondering what is going to happen to us as soon as he leaves.
The thing is I don't feel like he needs me to join him there, he did not ask me like he really wants me to, citing the fact that I will miss my family a lot. What if we will not get jobs?What if I won't have friends?
What can we I do to save the relationship?
Answer 356 views

01 Jan 0001

it's surely unfair of him to make such plans without discussing tem with you. He may not need your permission to do as he pleases, but it's rude not to keep you informed. Surely you need to discuss this all with him, in detail, including telling him about how the way he has chosen to approach this has affected you. And sort it out. If this is a viable long-lasting loving relationship, you could accompany him and make that work. If it is not, if the relationship is in fact over, he owes it to you to be frank, and to help you deal with that ending, rather than just ignore it.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes