Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Jul 2005
Why do I do this to myself??
I was in a very emotionally abusive relationship for six years and have a child. I was basically leaving my life trying to prove that I am not a bitch and proving constant false accusations. I have been left confused about even what is it that I did wrong. He dumped 3 weeks back for going out with my friends without telling him, and accused me of having an affair. But no matter what I still find myself fighting for this lunatic and begging him to come back. When I am alone I feel i want to let him go, but I cant help but keep phoning him to try to convince him that I was wrong, and I am sorry. I have finally decided to write him a letter that I cannot force him to come back, but that I cannot also admitt to having an affair and being a bitch when I am not one. and I dont know how he'll take it. But I so wish I could take away this feeling of wanting to resolve issues with him. Am I insane or what?
See a counsellor to break this pattern of being addicted to or at least dependent on, a malfunctioning, maladaptive, harmful aemotionally abusive relationship. He's surely not worth it
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes