Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Jul 2005
Why does this happen to me??
I have always been trendy and classy since I was a little girl. I have an eye for the finner things in life and live my life to the fullest without fearing that people will gossip or say nasty stuff. Some of the girls in my college envied me and there were those who were afraid to associate with me due to their insecurities which made them feel that are inferior and others just felt that I was a show off. I am that kind of person who hurts very easily and will withdraw from you and shut you out of my life totally if you hurt me. I believe in being sentitive to other people's feelings no matter how poor or low I perveive them to be and I would never deliberately hurt other anyone. I am now grown up and still getting same kind of reaction from my colleagues/people. What I am trying to figure out is why people tend to take it so badly when I withdraw from them such that they take to back stabbing me, writing anonymous malicious emails about me, bad mouth about me and do nasty things to me yet they are the ones who hurt/wronged me in the first place!!! my ex bf is even going round warning the girls I talk to, to stop associating with me because according to him, I am bad influence.
There could well be problems not with who or what you are, but with how you present yourself, how you make others perceive you, and counselling could help to sort this out. rather than withdrawing so eagerly from people, maybe you need to stick around and learn from the conflicts you encounter.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes