Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Jan 2005
Why is this happening?
I'm a 25 year old male virgin by choice and it never bother me before, but lately i'm having these overwhelming sexual feelings about my dad(50's) and it sometimes get really hard to overcome these feelings. Why is this happening to me and what can i do about it?
Well, C, it's hard to estimate from this distance. Virginity by choice is rarely as easy as some might think it to be. But there is something really unusual about the apparently sudden arrival of incestuous sexual desires. Maybe they were present but ignored earlier, maybe they relate in some way to some earlier experiences in your life. At any rate, you do recognize that they are unusual and unwholesome and need to be dealt with. Your best bet would be to arrange to see a good local clinical psychologist, for a comprehensive assessment and discussion of treatment options.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Multiple studies find unique risks of heart disease and stroke for women
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
- Mkhwebane's fate in the hands of the ANC
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19364 votes