Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Jul 2010
Worried about my grandson
Pse let me know what could be wrong and if you know what the cause is and why does it happen, he is 2 years old and when he cries all of a sudden he goes limp and blue in the face when you give him a smack on the nappy he comes back, what is the cause and do you know if it will have long term damage to his brain, and the few seconds does he breathe , does his brain get enough oxygen, pse help I am so worried.
OK, this is not at all my area of expertise - there are several possibilities here. He's probably going to be all right, but it is essential that he be taken to see a good local paediatrician soon for a proper examination and assessment. I'd guess he's not likely to suffer significant brain damage if someone is always close enough to see this and get him started again, and because it occurs during crying when he will have been breathing more deeply than usual as part of crying.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
- ANALYSIS | Daniel Mminele's sudden departure is about more than Absa losing its first black CEO
- Karyn Maughan | Zuma lawyers quit: Will the 'broke' former president’s trial ever get started?
- Rainbow Cup 'SA' … more derbies, but they COULD dazzle
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20030 votes