Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Jul 2006
Is my cat sick?
Hi doc, I have notices some changs in my cat's mood lately. She is nearly reaching two years, and she's neutered. She has always been distant. But the last couple of days she's more distant, she hides or runs away from me or anyone for that matter. I noticed she lost some weight and I immediatly thought it was worms maybe, so I tried giving her a pill that I got from the vet this afternoon but when I tried that she screamed and made a run for it, seems like I got the pill in (hopefuly). Her gums seemed a little white, but as soon as I try to open her mouth I can see she doesn't like that or she cries out.
Please have your vet check yor cat over. If she is losing weight she needs to be examined. Often cat gums look pale compared to dogs. Paleness can also be due to certain diseases that affect the blood and may cause anaemia (measured as a decrease in the concentration of the red cells in a blood sample).
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19881 votes