Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Jul 2006
I found 3 ticks on my 2 and a half month old Staffie pup last night. The one tick was already dead. I am so scared that she's got tick fever. She's still eating and playing. Should I take her to the vet??
No it is not necessary at this stage. Keep a close aeye on her and if she goes off her food take her to your vet. If you are concerned visit your vet anyway as they will be only too happy to put your mind at ease.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Covid-19: is obesity really more of a risk factor for men than women?
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
- Is R2.7 billion for SAA subsidiaries enough or will taxpayers have to cough up more, parly asks
- Pietermaritzburg’s Plessislaer police station has highest number of murder cases in SA
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20303 votes