Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Jul 2006
What is wrong with My Fish?
Hi, I have a grey gold fish - it looks like its one scale is falling off - but it is bleeding underneath - the blood is not running out though, its just under the skin (scales) - what is wrong with it and what can i do? i want to tale it to the vet but i am scared it will get stressed. Please help me - i am quite worried - i dont want anything to happen to it!!!
Take your goldfish to the vet in a container of the water that he is in at the moment. He may need some antibiotic treatment depending upon what your vet finds. Some vets know more about fish that others so you may call your vet and enquire as to whether they treat fish regularly or whether thay can give yo the namne of a vet who does treat fish near you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Risk of blood clots due to Covid-19 much higher compared to risk associated with vaccine - experts
- Could higher temperatures reduce the spread of Covid-19? New study suggests this may be the case
- OPINION | Covid-19 in India: The deep-rooted issues behind the current crisis
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- 'We are sitting on a timebomb' - Covid-19 MAC members raise concerns about variant found in India
- R1.4bn dodgy deal for Kusile coolers: Why former Eskom execs' cars, houses are being seized
- Zama Ndlovu | The future of SA's unions envisaged - thanks to a Chinese factory in the US
- Fassi cranking up his case for Bok fullback berth
- Hlophe lawyer guilty of contempt of court, must hand over Porsche or face jail time
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20185 votes