Ask an expert

19 Jul 2006

What is wrong with My Fish?
Hi, I have a grey gold fish - it looks like its one scale is falling off - but it is bleeding underneath - the blood is not running out though, its just under the skin (scales) - what is wrong with it and what can i do? i want to tale it to the vet but i am scared it will get stressed. Please help me - i am quite worried - i dont want anything to happen to it!!!
Answer 327 views

01 Jan 0001

Take your goldfish to the vet in a container of the water that he is in at the moment. He may need some antibiotic treatment depending upon what your vet finds. Some vets know more about fish that others so you may call your vet and enquire as to whether they treat fish regularly or whether thay can give yo the namne of a vet who does treat fish near you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20185 votes