Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Feb 2004
We are allergic to industrial chemicals. That is what our bodies do to when exposed to a harsh irritant. We are not typically allergic to food. When we are there is something wrong. Our threshold of reactivity is lowered. Auto immune reactions occur. You can have all kinds of tests done to determine the "allergen" but this short-sighted, knee-jerk response will reveal nothing of the underlying condition causing the allergic reaction to some inane food. There can be extenuating circumstances, but rarely. It's your body that's wrong, not the food. It can start shortly after birth, doesn’t mean it’s genetic! That’s a doctors cop out for “we don’t know”. The allergy, in MOST cases, is the problem not the allergen. To eliminate the allergen does nothing to fix the problem. That is the short term solution, like prescribing insulin for certain types of diabetics, cover up the problem. True glowing health means no allergies. Think I am insane? All this can be accomplished by diet. Raw foods, no toxins, no allergies, no digestive problems, no cancer, no diabetes etc. Simple. Why complicate matters? Watch out for your GP’s and prescriptions, I have said it before, loads of data, very little understanding.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- State alleges Nafiz Modack manages criminal enterprise
- How the EFF wants to change the Constitution
- Bruce Cameron | What you need to know about disability assurance and mental health
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes