Ask an expert

09 Mar 2007

Bodybuilding diet
I'm 26 and want to shred fat and build muscle, what diet would you recommend I follow that will go hand in hand with my training?
Answer 485 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Beginner
I would always recommend that anyone who is serious about body building to shed fat and build muscle should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). You will be given a diet prescription based on your present weight, energy intake, the amount of exercise you do, etc. In the meanwhile, click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' to find information about 'Diets for Sportsmen and women' and also about supplements.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.