Ask an expert

06 Jul 2005

Diabetic with skin cancer - please help
What sort of meal replacement can be taken by a Diabetic with facial skin cancer that is balanced? He's 67 and cannot eat a normal diet.
Answer 407 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Diabetic
Please consult a clinical dietitian ASAP. Because of the cancer and the diabetes, you need to obtain individual dietary advice. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will help you by working out a liquid or semi-liquid diet that contains all the necessary nutrients but takes the diabetes, medications and the cancer into account.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.