Ask an expert

31 Jan 2004

diet fo disabled
Hi, I've been a quadriplegic for thirteen years and have put on too much weight. I have tried all sorts of diets but only loose around the face and chest area. exercise is imposible, please advise
Answer 366 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Jonus
I am sorry to hear of your problem. I would suggest that you consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area), because you need to have an individual diet worked out for your special condition, which takes lack of exercise into account.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19386 votes