Ask an expert

21 Jul 2008

diet plan
How do I get a diet plan for my wife who is suffering from hepititus a? Any help will be gladly received
Thanking you
Answer 291 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Clive
I am sorry to hear that your wife is suffering from hepatitis A. Because of the severity of her infection it would be advisable to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a low-fat diet for your wife that also contains plenty of protective nutrients to boost her immunity. In the meanwhile click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Low-fat diet' or low fat diet'.
Holding thumbs that she will soon feel much better.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.