Ask an expert

17 Apr 2006

My mother is 85 yrs old & has chronic Diverticulitis could you plse give me a diet that she can follow
Answer 411 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Penny
Because of the complexity of this condition and the fact that your dear Mom is over 80, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will work out a diet for her that makes provision for the diverticulitis and her age and age-related problems such as inability to chew certain foods, etc. This is not a diet that one can prescribe without seeing the patient and taking a diet history.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.