Ask an expert

30 Jun 2005

My son plays provincial hockey. he has three practices a week and a game over week-ends but he needs to loose about 5 kilos. I I need a good eating plan for him.
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Jenny
Because your son competes at the Provincial level, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. When you contact the dietitian ask if she/he specialises in sports nutrition. It is important that he has an individual diet worked out which takes his age, exercise and weight into account. Also click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read to articles I have written on carbohydrates and proteins for Sportsmen and women to obtain information about sports nutrition.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20281 votes