Ask an expert

31 Jan 2008

Endless dry cough
I started having a funny cough about 4 years ago. I cough and bring up glycerine like liquid. Dr has prescribed anti-allergy medication a number of times without any help. I have done hiv test and was negative. What other test can I do to find out the problem. Should I see an ENT specialist or dietician?
Answer 678 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lindi
It is difficult to judge what is causing your cough, but it could be due to allergies. I think you should consult an ENT who will send you for the relevant tests. If you should suffer from a food allergy then you can consult the dietitian.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.