Ask an expert

12 Apr 2006

Food Intolerance
Hi Doc,

I would please like to find out where I could go and have food intolerance tests done? I have a feeling that I may be wheat intolerant and would just like to make sure as whenever I eat wheat I get tired, bloated and constipated.

Thanks very much.
Answer 394 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear MC
You need to ask your gp to refer you to a pathology lab where they will do the necessary tests. If you should be wheat intolerant or allergic, then click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food-related diseases' and read the articles on wheat and gluten allergy. For more information visit the SA Allergy Association Website at:
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.