Ask an expert

19 Jan 2004

Gout/Osteoarthritis/Diabetis 2
I have been diagnosed with the above and need to work out a suitable daily diet. Could you help me please.
Answer 369 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Anita
I always recommend that diabetics should consult a clinical dietitian because it is essential that each diabetic has an individual diet worked out for him/her (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian). In diabetes the correctly tailored diet is one of the most important parts of the treatment you require. The dietitian will have to work out a diet which takes all your conditions into account - this is a complex task which one cannot do over the Internet. In the meanwhile click on 'Diabetes Centre' and "Gout' and 'Osteoarthritis' on the main Website of Health24 for additional information.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.