Ask an expert

18 Feb 2004

Just wanting to know. I have an enlarged colon and at the moment I am feeling so huge and bloated. It seems that even if I just look at food, my stomach bloats. I am eating fairly well. Mid morning - fruit; lunch time - salad; mid afternoon - fruit and then evening meal. I don't digest huge quantities, but enough.

I cannot handle this bulgy feeling anymore. Should I go see a dietician?
Answer 319 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Reader
I think it is a good idea for you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will help you by working out a specific diet which takes your colon problems into account.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9363 votes
67% - 19334 votes