Ask an expert

31 Jan 2004

I have been on replacement therapy for years with common hypothyroid. Last 3 years on Eltroxin 300mcg per day.Now my TSH levels are up again and my GP said we should consult with the Physician first before increasing the dose again. I have donig some research and it looks like the 300 mcg is already an accesive dosage. Is tehere anything alse I can do to get my thyroid up and running again apart from taking more tablets????
Tx Maria
Answer 415 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Maria
The thyroid is really such an important and central hormone in the human body that I would rather that you do consult a physician. There are a number of types of hypothyroidism and I am not sure which one you are suffering from. In some cases the dr may recommend surgery and/or additional hormone therapy, so it is best to get an expert opinion.
Holding thumbs that your condition will be sorted out soon.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.