Ask an expert

11 Aug 2008

Juvenile acne?
Hi there. - my daughter (12yrs old) has been battling with her skin since birth. I had serious odema (spelling) and when she was born she had what looked like whiteheads on her face and arms. i was told this was from the odema and that it would slowly disappear. Well 12 years down theline she still has those, PLUS now she is getting dreadful corpuscles on her chest, back, face and hairline. We have tried the skin lotions / treatments etc - but still it persisits.

Do you have anhy useful advice?

Thank You
Answer 442 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Winsky
I would recommend that you have your daughter examined by a Dermatologist because it is vital that she gets the correct treatment for her condition before it starts to affect her self image. Ask your gp to refer you to a Dermatologist in your area.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.