Ask an expert

20 Mar 2003

Liver Failure
My brother inlaw was just release from hostipal (suffered with accute liver failure. The liver seems to be regenerating so for now things are going ok. However the hospital never gave him a diet plan. I have done reseach and obtained a diet plan on the internet. However this is not conclusive and does not gove all details.
Could you please help?
Answer 375 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Weez
For a serious condition like liver failure it is best if you consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) to obtain the name and address of your nearest dietitian), who will work out a special diet for your brother-in-law and monitor his progress. He will really benefit from such a consultation.
Holding thumbs for your family
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9519 votes
69% - 20840 votes