Ask an expert

07 Dec 2005

loss weight
How can i loss 25kg course the doctor told me that nom i'm obesity
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Thuli
If you have so much weight to lose then I would recommend that you ask the dr about Xenical. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical can only be obtained with a prescription so you need to ask your dr to prescribe it for you. Xenical is expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition, seeing that the overweight is a direct threat to your health. If you cannot afford Xenical, you can try an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet). Also combine the Xenical and/or the diet with regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) to obtain the best results.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes