Ask an expert

22 Mar 2007

Obesity and cholestrol
Want a diet for Obesity, Cholestrol, hipertention, Hipotireose, Jig.
What exercises can such a person do?

Thank you
Answer 361 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lucy
Anyone who suffers from multiple conditions such as these needs to see a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out an individual diet prescription for you to address all these problems, which is something I cannot do for you over the Internet. You can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and scan through the articles for each one of these subjects to get some background information, but a specific diet will have to be worked out for you. The type of exercise such a patient can do would depend on the high bp, the extent of the obesity and general mobility. If possible the patient can try starting off by doing swimming exercises and then progress to brisk walking for 30 or more minutes a day, but I think it is best to first check with your dr before you start exercising and do any harm.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.