Ask an expert

22 Nov 2004

My mother in law is suffering from obesity she is now admitted in hospital cos she cant breathe properly her air passage is pressed by fats and vein are getting narrower so the blood circulation is not flowing properly and she is suffering high blood.

what is the best medication she can take and i was thinking of operation but bcos she does not have MedAid can the government hospital offer that operation or not. We are so frustrated pls help
Answer 391 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dolly
Do you mean the gastric or duodenal bypass to cause massive weight loss? If so, you would have to ask the doctors who are treating her. I believe that this op is done for candidates like your Mom-in-law who are really massively obese as their overweight is life threatening. Ask the drs and if it is available they are the ones to motivate for the op.
Holding thumbs for all of you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.