Ask an expert

23 Aug 2007

helo doc, my girlfriend has a prob with piles and we've been to the doc and got the necessary medication but she needs a good diet plan plzz, and the other thing she suffers from is a gastric problem, would you plz be so kind to advise a good diet plan or a website i can go to, i would appreciate it alot. thanxs doc
Answer 412 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Wes
If your girlfriend suffers from piles, then she needs to increase her dietary fibre intake and to use probiotics ("good" microorganisms). Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices. Also do a Search for articles on 'Dietary fibre'. You also mention a gastric problem, but not what this entails?? does she suffer from ulcers, gallbladder problems, Irritable Bowel Disease?? If she has been diagnosed with a specific gastric problem, then do a Search on the Diet site with the name of the condition. Otherwise it may be prudent for your girlfriend to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) for an individual diet prescription that addresses both her problems - the piles and the unknown gastric one.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.