Ask an expert

12 Jul 2005

Plse help how can i get back to my normal body.
Hi Doc,I'm a mum for a 12 mnth child i became thin after gave a birth to my son,what can i eat or any supplements that i can use
so will i get back to my normal body
Answer 278 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Tuma
You may be suffering from a hormone imbalance after the birth, so please do go for a medical checkup just to eliminate any underlying problems, e.g. hyperthyroidism, female hormone imbalances, diabetes, etc. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone(011) 203-2000 and ask about this and other Nutritional Supplements. Remember that you must take these supplements IN ADDITION to your normal meals, not as a replacement of meals, to ensure that you gain more weight.
Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.