Ask an expert

09 Aug 2007

I want to study for a dieticien but dont know if I have to go to university or can do it part time. Could you please advise?
Answer 282 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dietitian
As far as I know there is no university that provides part-time dietetics courses, probably because this is such a hands-on course where one has to do so much practical work. For more information on studying dietetics in SA, contact the Association for Dietetics at: (011) 789-6621 or send them an e-mail at: If you live in one of the larger centres, phone your local university or Technikon and ask them to put you through to their Department of Dietetics or Human Nutrition.
Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.