Ask an expert

04 Jan 2005

tired of being a fatty.
i am a 28 year old male and i weigh 137kg.

i do go to gym most days and do cardio and weights. i also play rugby and am not that unfit...just fat.

i have been on roids and creating from the ages of 19 to 25 or so and i know they are water based. am i carrying to much water in my body.

am i whear intollerant?

who can i go to for testing etc.

i am not perfect and i do drink alcohol (am a non smoker) and eat fast foods, but generally try to be healthy.

i have a family and kids and want to be around to see them grow up.

if you saw me, you would not say i am 137kg and i look fit and pretty well built (except for my tummy and man boobs).

any answers or help would be appreciated.

Answer 302 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Dave
I think you need to consult a clinical dietitian. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian help you to work out a diet that helps you to lose weight, while still supplying sufficient energy for your sporting activities. Start doing some situps and work on your tummy muscles. If you cut out alcohol for 2 weeks you will be surprised at how much weight you lose.
Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19328 votes