Ask an expert

15 Jul 2005

Viginal Yeast and Child Hair
1. My Child has weak hair, he is 5 and half years how can i make his hair strong, what type diet should i give him to strethen his hair please assist me.

2. Viginal yeast is common in women, how can my wife prevent it.
3. If your wife is infected with Viginal yeast are you most likely going to infected ? What are the signs and simptoms ? How can you cure this ?
Answer 258 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Taxi
In children thin hair or failure to grow or hair loss can be due to many factors, such as an unbalanced diet, iron deficiency, underlying illness. If possible you need to take your son to a Dermatologist who will do tests to see if he has conditions like iron deficiency.
Vaginal yeast infections are caused by a fungus called Candida and also need to be treated with antifungal medication which you can either buy direct for the chemist or obtain via your gp or clinic. Partners do not always get infected, but you would also need to be checked by a dr. Symptoms could be a discharge or pain and irritation. Please have your whole family checked by a dr - your son for iron deficiency and you and your wife for Candida infections.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19330 votes