Ask an expert

08 Dec 2004

Weight Loss
Hi Doc
My Sugar levels are low , but my inciline are high , can this cause over weigth and what food can i cut down on
Answer 314 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Singh
You may be suffering from hypoglycaemia or insulin resistance, so I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian. It is essential for anyone with insulin resistance or diabetes to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your hypoglycaemia or insulin resistance, and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based in foods with a low glycaemic index (GI) and a low fat content. In the meanwhile, click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Regular exercise such as going for brisk walks every day can also help to improve your insulin levels.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19950 votes