Ask an expert

12 Jan 2005

My lips gets swollen. First the upper lip and after that goes down the lower lip start. Now my cheeks right next to my lips are swollen slightly. Have been to doctors and they gave me medication, but can I do any test to check what I am allegic to?
If you not the right doctor, please refer me to the correct one.
Answer 374 views
EnviroHealth expert
envirohealth expert

01 Jan 0001

You should post this question on CyberDoc’s forum. There are several possible causes, but it certainly could be due to an allergy, possibly to a food, or to a chemical in products like toothpaste or lip balm. Allergy testing needs to be done in a doctor’s office, but you can help find the trigger by keeping a journal of when you get this symptom and any likely causes.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9363 votes
67% - 19335 votes