Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Aug 2007
In Tibet, bodies are left on the cliffs for vultures to snack on. This seems to me to be the best bet for an environmentally sound way of disposing of corpses. Can I get my body chucked out at the vulture restaurant, or must my still-living nearest and dearest do it secretly?
You might be able to arrange to go the vulture restaurant route... but unless you organise to be in Tibet (or India) at the time of your death, it's going to cause your nearest and dearest a lot of time, trouble and money to get your body transported there. Also you might need to convert to the Zoroastrian faith. And apparently the vulture populations have been declining, so the authorities in these countries might not be too keen on dealing with extra corpses. Similar procedures in South Africa would almost definitely not be legal, so, yes, I suppose it would need to be secret. A form of burial at sea (very soon after death) might be an alternative i.e. sharks instead of vultures? Though I strongly suspect this is illegal too.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19878 votes