Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Jul 2008
NEED HELP TO STOP SMOKING
Please help me to stop this habit. I have tried numerous times to quit on my own but failed miserably. Have tried the gum and the patches but no luck. Apart from the health risk I cannot afford the price of cigarettes anymore. I am at a stage where if I have R20 I have to decide what do I buy - cigarettes or bread? I' ll end up buying a packet of 10 and a loaf of bread. I really need to stop. Please help
You've taken the first step by wanting to stop and looking for help - and as anyone who's quit successfully will tell you, it's really hard to go it alone. The good news is that you don't need to - there's lots of help available. Find the tools and info you need in Health24's Stop Smoking Centre, and log on to Health24's Smoking cessation peer group forum (under 'Experts') for support from others going through the same process.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Many of us overestimate our exercise levels – here’s how to calculate how much you really do
- Encouraging study shows Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine protective against variants, including Beta in SA
- Some people would rather endure physical pain than having to think too hard, study reveals
- Covid-19 may create hearing and balance disorders, new study shows
- Over half of adults unvaccinated for Covid-19 fear needles – here’s what’s proven to help
- Tembisa 10: As parents clash over birth, Independent Media says Rampedi 'only one who can comment'
- Mabuza explains why failing municipalities 'cannot continuously be blamed on apartheid'
- Desperate KwaSizabantu member turned to abusive dad for help to escape mission
- PICS | ANC financial woes: Staffers reject looming retrenchments
- ANALYSIS | Bulls providing SA clues for the Europe adventure is a poor train of thought
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9518 votes
69% - 20819 votes